Saturday, December 10, 2016

Dear Future Soulmate

Dear Future Soulmate,

I don’t believe we’ve met yet. But when we do, and I know we will, you will be the most important person in my life. I can promise you now that it won’t be love at first sight, nor will it necessarily be easy— nothing has come easy in my life. But I will fall in love with you and your flaws. You will fall in love with me and mine. I will love you not because you are pretty, or because you are easy to talk to, or fun to hang out with; I’m sure you will be all those things, but it won’t be what I fall in love with.

You see, I love you because of who you are. I love the experiences you’ve been through. I love how those experiences have shaped how you think and the person that you’ve become. I love the fact that you are compassionate and kind. I love that you are smart and educated. I love that we share similar life experiences. I love how seemingly easy it is for me to empathize with you. I love that you are my best friend. I love you unconditionally.

This is all speculation, of course. Truth is, I don’t know if you actually exist. I don’t know whether we will ever meet. And I surely don’t know if there is such a thing as a soulmate. But I like to believe there is. I like to believe we will one day find each other. I will never give up hope that there is really someone for everyone. Until I find you, you will lie in my dreams and there you will remain as hope and inspiration.

Love.
Your future another half.

#copyandpaste

No comments:

Post a Comment